All that your ever wanted to know about Tamanu Oil.
We love out Tamanu Oil. This fascinating oil is one of the best kept secrets in the beauty world. Read on to know all about this gift of nature.
What is Tamanu Oil?
The tamanu tree is indigenous to tropical Southeast Asia; it is found in Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Malaysia, South India, Sri Lanka, and the Melanesian and Polynesian islands. It grows up to three meters tall, and blooms twice annually with fragrant, white flowers, which later yield clusters of yellow-skinned spherical fruit. The fruit's pulp tastes similar to an apple, within which a large nut is embedded. The nut contains an odorless pale kernel. This kernel is dried in the sun for two months until it becomes sticky with a dark, thick, rich oil. The kernel must be protected from humidity and rain during drying. Natives believed the tamanu tree was a sacred gift of nature and we couldn't agree more. Modern science has validated Tamanu's unique healing, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties.
How does Tamanu Oil get extracted ?
This sticky oil is best made cold-pressed from the seeds of the Tamanu fruit to yield a thick greenish oil. Fresh Tamanu oil will have a deep green colour . Any other colour is not real tamanu oil.It takes 100 kilograms of tamanu fruit, the amount that one tree produces annually, to yield just 5 kilograms of cold pressed oil! The oil is heavy and will solidify in cooler temperatures, but can be liquified by immersing the bottle in a cup of warm water.
Benefits of Tamanu Oil.
Tamanu Oil is rich in essential fatty acids, sterols, lactones and unique synergistic health-giving compounds which are being activity studied by modern medicine. Its also :
- Refreshes compromised skin that has suffered from over exposure to harsh elements such as sun, wind, chemicals and pollutants
- Promotes the formation of new skin tissue and improves the appearance of visible scars including acne scars by filling up
- Moisturises and protects the skin against premature ageing, wrinkles and fine lines
- Delivers comforting, soothing relief to distressed and common skin complaints
- Nurtures and nourishes compromised, dry, damaged, chapped and cracked skin.
- Used by super models to recover from impact of excessive makeup and late nights
Tamanu oil and Acne
Tamanu oil is particularly beneficial to people with Acne prone skin. Canophyllol is a key antibiotic component of Tamanu oil along with several other synergistic compounds. The lactones Calophyllolide and Inophyllolide are antibiotic compounds that help prevent infection enabling rapid healing. Because of the powerful germicidal properties of Tamanu oil, it has been used successfully as a highly effective topical antibiotic to treat a wide variety of topical skin infections . Some amazing usages in modern medicine can be accessed here .
Natural Suncreen of Tamanu Oil
Tamanu Oil contains Sc Glucan in which provides natural UV protection. Sc Glucan protects against UV-induced DNA damage and oxidative stress as a new biological UV filter with a SPF 18-22 . Using Tamanu oil at the beach will help your skin recover from sun burn faster.
How have we used Tamanu Oil?
Internet sources aside, we have using Tamanu Oil in our family for over a year now and are blown away by the experience . We have used Tamanu Oil to :
- Reduce 10 year old scars significantly .
- Bring acne under control
- Achieve a younger looking healthy skin without using any chemicals
- Heal topical skin aliments like boils, rashes and wounds.
- Mixing it with everyday moisturizers
The best Tamanu oil : Buy oil that is deep green in colour with a strong leafy aroma. Avoid black or brown coloured oil. If the oil in your bottle solidifies, immerse bottle in hot water until the oil liquifies again.
Where to buy the best Tamanu Oil ? Right here at Fronaturals.ca